Find a Plumber in Basildon13th May, 2018 6:08 pm |Plumbing
How to Find Local Plumbers in Basildon
When I Googled plumbers Basildon Google gave me 57,500 results and thats only a quick search at the time that I searched however this changes all the time, So how do you find a good reliable and reputable Plumber in Basildon, an impossible challenge for most people, well if you follow these simple steps you should be able to find the right plumber in basildon for you.
Insured and Qualified
1. Is the local plumber insured
You should check to find out if the plumber has the right and relevant insurance as this is vital as this protects you and your property if something goes wrong when carrying out any plumbing services.
2. Is the local plumber qualified
Plumbers who have qualified would have undergone the appropriate training and is fully certified to carry out any plumbing work, giving you peace of mind that they can do the job.
3. Gas Safe Register
For all gas services, including boiler services the local plumber must carry and be registered with Gas Safe so when a plumber comes to your property to carry out such work as boiler service, install gas appliance such as gas hob, oven and gas fires you should ask to see their gas safe card to prove they have undergone the appropriate Gas Safe training and they are safe to work on your property.
All local plumbers that carry's out drainage services where a high pressure water jetting is required must complete the mandatory standard training for the safe use of water jetting equipment which is set by the water jetting association this would be work such as drain cleaning, external drains and blocked gully drains.
1. To find a plumber I would always recommend to check to see if they have any reviews, you can do this by looking on the local plumbers company website, to see if they have any independent reviews, the review companies such as reviews.co.uk or trustpilot.com, just to name two, you could also use resources such as facebook.com or twitter.com to check to see if anyone has left any reviews on the local plumber profiles pages.
2. Recommendations is the best way to find a plumber, so ask your friends, family or neighbours to see if they have ever used a local plumber that they could recommend as word of mouth is best.
3. If you have a good relationship with another tradesman such as a painter or a electrician, they may be able to refer you to a high quality local plumber. Tradesmen often work together on big jobs such as extensions, so they can see the quality of the plumbers work first hand.
1. Just like the reviews I would recommend to check over the plumbers website to make sure they offer the plumbing services, gas services, drainage services or heating services you require.
2. I would also go through the website to check to see if they have their address or email address and another phone number on their site so if something does goes wrong you have different ways to re-contact the local plumber.
3. Also check to see if the local plumber has any guarantees and find out how long the guarantee is for as this changes a lot from plumber to plumber as for localplumber-uk the guarantee is one year but i know some other plumbers only offer a 3 month guarantee.
1. If you need an emergency plumbing repair or same day plumber you will find the cost of the plumbing repairs will be a little higher so I would always recommend to try to find a plumber who will carry out fixed price plumbing repairs over a plumber who would change you a per half hour/per hour rate, as you will not know what the price of the bill will be, which can be a little scary.
2. If you are looking for a plumber to carry out such work as a boiler change, heating upgrades or bathroom install then you would be better of phoning around to get two or three quotes as most plumbers carry out free quotations.
3. Once you have received the quotation, check it to make sure they have listed all the work that you require from them and a full detailed description of the work the plumber is going to do for you.
I know trying to find a local plumber can be very stressful at the best of times and even harder if you have an emergency so I will leave you with one more bit of advice, locate your main stop valve which can be located under your kitchen sink, next to the downstairs toilet, under the stairs or under the floor boards at the front of your property and make sure it is in full working order if not then now is the best time to find a plumber in basildon.
Return to home page